CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Versamark and Chalk?

Yes, you read correctly.  During my YouTube video tutorial marathon session, earlier this week, I saw not one but two videos talking about using chalk with Versamark.  I decided to try it for myself because I couldn't tell what the end product looked like from either video.  I have owned a box of chalks for about 5 years and I can count on one hand the number of times I have opened that box.  Most of the chalks have never been used, but I will be using them now!


I started the project with some Very Vanilla, left overs from when I made my Squash Book.  The stamp set is  Merci by Stampin' Up--I love everything French!  I inked my stamps with Versamark and applied chalk to the stamped images with a q-tip. It was as simple as that!


I love the soft fuzziness of the image.  When you are satisfied with your image you simple tap the paper and blow away any excess.  I was concerned that the image might smear because you do not emboss it with a heat tool, but it sets without heat.  I had a couple of my initial attempts in an envelope in my purse for a couple of days. They looked the same each time I took them out of the envelope.

I also used the Versamark to stamp the More Mustard card stock with stamps from the Merci set to give it a tone-on-tone look.  I did set the Versamark on the card stock with clear embossing powder and a heat tool.

I mounted both panels on DSP Patterns Stack Regals Collection. The polka dot is Bravo Burgandy and the stripe paper is Not Quite Navy.  I love the Regals Collection!  The colors are so warm and vibrant.  The gem stickers are from the Martha Stewart birthstone  package--I love these embellishments also!  I hope you will give this technique a try!  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...